Monday 13 May 2013

D.I.Y. Memory Jar

Anyone who knows me, know that I love crafty things. I love to use my hands. I love figuring out how things are made. It's always so exciting. So today I bring to you my first ever DIY project! Serious respect to those ladies who churn out a 101 of these each year. It's work photographing the irrems! 

A little while ago I saw Memory Jars on a few blogs. I loved the idea and wanted to have a go at making my own. What you do is, each day, you write a happy memory that you would like to remember at a later date like New years eve for example. It's a bit like family journalling. Smaller won't be able to add his memories just yet so it's up to Taller and I which is fine! 

This is my jar. 



Materials you will need:-

A Jar (can be plastic or glass)
A piece of card to name your jar
Glue or Gluesticks/gluegun
Decorations (buttons/ glitter/wooden letters...whatever you have on hand)


I started with my jar top. It's made from cork so I decided to use a wooden heart and button to make it look pretty...



Glued the back....


And voila! Pretty pretty!



Took me a few goes to decided what I wanted the writing to look like. 




The paint was a complete disaster! So I opted for simply using a marker pen. 



I had some green ribbon stashed so I put two patterns around my jar with some glue dots.


Added my label and I was done. Very very easy and a great way to have some memories to remember and look through on New Years eve!


With our notes included.





Let me know if you give this a go. Happy Monday!!!!

Smaller.


No comments:

Post a Comment